Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Letter We Received From Sis. Futi


We wanted to share part of a  letter we received Friday from Sis. Futi.  We don't think she'd mind.  It was very sweet.  She also sent a copy of a CD that Elder Ririe gave her with some beautiful hymns.


Dear Kim and Dennis,

Heavenly Father answered my prayers through Elder Ririe and Elder Hobbs.  God brought the missionaries to my home on that one warm August evening, I am so grateful he guided them to me.  We started studying the scripture and prayed.  The missionaries would always tell me to pray with a sincere heart, God will answer my prayers.

The turning point for me was when the missionaries invited me to church.  I walked in that morning and saw the sacrament.  I knew in my heart and soul that I was home.  This was what I have been searching for.  The Book of Mormon give me peace and joy - it brings me closer to our Heavenly Father.  I feel that I finally belong somewhere, and that is such a wonderful feeling.  The gospel has helped me in - such a short time - to feel and listen when our Heavenly Father is trying to communicate with me through the Holy Ghost.  So, this year, I am humbly grateful for my baptism and the wonderful people that I have met through His gospel. I just wanted to share my testimony with you.

Elder Ririe, we nicknamed him Elder Buff, his Samoan name is Tagipepe.  Elder Itgel is Elder Sweet.  It's a blessing to know these missionaries.

Fa'afetai tele (Thank you very much) & God Bless!
Futi

No comments:

Post a Comment